Founded in 2013, Differentology is a strategic research consultancy, headquartered in the UK, with projects spanning the globe.
We work at the intersection of data, human behaviour, technology and creativity, using qual and quant techniques to provide sharp thinking for some of the world’s biggest brands (from HSBC, Vitality, and ASOS to Sky, Disney and ITV).
We merge traditional techniques with cutting edge methodologies, offering bespoke solutions (rather than selling research ‘products’) to help solve our clients’ issues.
As a boutique agency, in 2019 we won the MRS ‘Breakthrough Business of the Year’ accolade, backing up many other award wins across methodological innovation, and excellence in storytelling.
Our current specialisms are in media and finance, but we’re keen to diversify into other sectors (by bringing in the right people with the right level of credibility and experience).
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Business is booming and we’re eager to bring on board an experienced professional to lead our qual team (working alongside our quant specialists, and reporting into the MD).
As the Director, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering our agency qual offer, with an emphasis on projects, people, clients and financial management.
WHAT THIS INVOLVES
- Playing an instrumental role in growing and innovating the business
- Leading the qual offer and building the team
- Driving a positive and inclusive culture
- Recruiting, training and mentoring team members on both the basics, but also on storytelling and innovation
- Being a skilled practitioner across the design, execution, and delivery of inspiring insight
- Running workshops and facilitating client conversations to get buy in into research and process
- Having the ability to lead multiple projects
- Creating, building and growing commercial client relationships
- Hitting financial targets, with a growth mindset, and responsibility for new business conversion
- Developing a trusted advisor position to senior clients
- Commanding a presence in the room, whilst also ensuring development opportunities for those in the room
- Creating exceptional outputs showcasing strategic thinking and ideas, with inspirational and actionable debriefs
- Being a role model for creativity in the team, inspiring others and owning the creative application of approaches, design and outputs
- Excelling at presenting, pitching and conference platform speaking
- Positively and proactively representing the company (at conferences, white papers, PR releases etc.)
IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Typically, 7+ years’ experience, with a working knowledge of boutique insight agencies
- A proven track record of delivering winning proposals (including new innovative methodologies where appropriate)
- A qual practitioner but able to work in mixed method teams
- Ability to cross sell effectively across all methodologies we offer, bringing in the right expertise as required
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, across the gender spectrum, abilities and life experiences.